Monday 9 July 2012

Yoga Nidra, my journey so far.....


Yoga nidra came into my life at a time that I needed it but didn’t know.

As I have often found when I look back on my life it has always been guided by an invisible force.  I was in the first year of my BWT teacher training and feeling very unsure about yoga and the course and then many things happened at once, my daughter ,aged 6, suddenly developed epilepsy, my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and our house was falling down (literally, due to heave)

I was overwhelmed. As a result of my daughters unpredictable condition I needed to be contactable at any time by the school and at my current yoga class my mobile phone didn’t receive a signal, so I began to look for another class. Six months previous to this I had started teaching yoga at a sports centre, the lady who showed me around told me all about her Aunt who taught nearby and for some reason I remembered this and sought her out. It turned out that she had moved just up the road from me and when I called and explained my situation she said “you need yoga nidra” and I did.

These events led me not only to yoga nidra but also to the wonderful tradition of Satyananda Yoga, I immediately knew that I had found the yoga I had been looking for and that I must continue with my teacher training.

I practised yoga nidra weekly in class and also in between classes, it was the balm I needed to soothe my frazzled nerves and to help me keep perspective on my current situation.

I have taught yoga for over 6 years now and it has been an enormous joy and privilege, also I have recently completed the Yoga Nidra course so that I can continue to teach this amazingly transformational practice, and,  I have come to recognise that invisible force that has been guiding me as Guru.
Oms
Ishwari

No comments:

Post a Comment